webuser_202382916

Insurance company replacing aluminium window frames

Fabian H
6 months ago

During the gusty winds lately we have had a tree fall through one of our single glazed sliding windows.

A glazier came to cover it up and look at replacing the glass, but has said it has damaged the aluminium window frames beyond repair and to let the insurance company know that the frames will need replacing as he cant fit glass to them.

The insurance have requested for a loss-adjuster to come and assess the damage to the frames, and the other damage it has caused, which got me wondering. Are they going to be able to replace the window frame with another single glazed window frame (are these even still a thing and are you allowed to install single glazing anymore?) or will they have to replace it with a double glazed unit?

If they will replace it with double glazing, we will likely get a quote from the repairers to replace a few other windows, to the side of the broken one, so they all visually match and for the performance upgrade.

I know I can just ask the loss-adjuster when they come but thought someone may have been through this before or have a insight.

Thanks

Comment