webuser_38087560

How to modern farmhouse look kitchen on a budget.

Mylongtermhome
last month

Hi, I am at the stage of renovating my kitchen and would like my house to have a modern farmhouse - slightly industrial feel to it. Currently the quote for the kitchen includes stone benchtops in a light colour, but only flat cabinet doors with handles. Everytime I look at a modern farmhouse kitchen, it has the shaker cupboards in it. However, I suspect if I choose this option, it will add a significant amount to the cost of the kitchen. Does anybody have any suggestions where I can achieve the look that I want, in an economical way? Thdre is no pantry in the kitchen and so the 3.2 metre island bench will contain all the typical pantry items. The island bench will also contain a cooktop, oven and microwave. There is a bay window and the sink will be in it and the fridge will be on that same wall. The cabinets along the wall will be in a white colour (havent chosen the white yet). The island bench will be done in a dark charcoal type colour. The floors will eventually be vinyl hybrid timber look .

Comments (8)