asha_pradhan

Kindly help with damaged mirrored bedside

Asha Pradhan
last month

We have this beautiful mirrored bedside, recently it got damaged, you can find it in the second picture, also in first if you zoom in it's on the right-hand side, it's a very good quality, any ideas or suggestion how to fix it or update it with any products available, like for example we are looking for similar wood just like bed, if we can cut in strip's and glue it on edges.
Thanks.

Comments (10)

• bigreader
    last month

Have you asked a glazier for their opinion and options?

• Asha Pradhan
    Original Author
    last month

No I haven't, I don't anything about glazier. Will look into it. Thanks.

• Kate
    last month

Find a local glazier and take drawer down for a quote

• dreamer
    last month

For a quick fix along your comment about adding wood to cover broken glass. If you located a wooden tray that was the exact size to be placed upside down over the bedside drawer. Like a cap over the drawer. This will give you an idea as to whether that glass/wood concept would work. After receiving a quote for repair from a glazier, I would look at temple and Webster, which have a similar drawer for $269. Purchasing this may be cheaper than repair work. In the mean time tape up the glass to protect the furniture and yourself.

• Asha Pradhan
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you for your suggestion glaziernis quite expensive, also if I buy from temple and webster, will have to replace both which will cost more than $500, which is again a lot of money.

• Kate
    last month

Lonely way to know is to take it to a local glazier for a quote. These units often get damaged

• Julie Herbert
    last month

Wondering if you could get a piece of mirror cut to fit the top until you can get it repaired.

• dreamer
    last month

I would replace both with wooden bedsides to complement your bed. The mirror ones will always have finger marks on them and as you have experienced, can be dangerously sharp when broken.

• siriuskey
    last month

as per bigreader take the draw to a glazier who can arrange for a new mirror to fit /glue to the front of the drawer, could be expensive but cheaper than replacing both side tables, good luck