seaphome

First time doing remodel...too many options!

Pam
10 years ago
I'm doing a bathroom remodel that involves putting in a new tub and surround. I have decided on subway tile to the ceiling. This is a starter condo, so I don't want to spend a lot of money. And I want updated, but not trendy. I am keeping the floor which is a matte grey slate with whitish veins. Dilemma #1 What shade of white subway tile, what size and shine or matte finish? At a later date I wish to add frameless glass vs. a shower curtain, so these decisions will matter a great deal. Dilemma #2 I want to replace the vanity, but I am overwhelmed with the options. I have 51-52 inches in length. I can't have enough storage, so I was thinking about a 36" vanity with an 15" linen tower? Is that too much furniture for the space? Would it go to the left by the door, or to the right by the toilet? Dilemma #3 I am partial to a dark stain, but not married to the idea. What countertop material and color would look good with the grey slate floors and white subway tile? And finally, I'm ready to try a new paint color. I prefer white or off white linens, so I guess sky's the limit here!

Comments (27)