kemi_buluro

Design Collaboration

Kemi Buluro
4 years ago

Hi All,

I'm a rookie home stylist and I have a 4 spaces in a 3bedroom house to style and I need some collaboration.

How did I get here? Well, I have been watching the interior decorating scene for a loooong time and I felt like it's time now to get started so I hooked up with a friend who is a realtor. I offered one of her client who is selling her house complementary home styling.

I am looking for interior designers/decorators/stylists who would be interested in providing their pieces, at no cost but with the price tags on. This way the home styling doubles as a showroom for you. If you would love to collaborate with me, please contact me. If you have some ideas/advice for me, please contact me or comment below as well, its most welcome.

Cheers,

Kemi

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    4 years ago

Best of luck Kemi, but you need to think this through in a bit more detail. Moving furniture from a warehouse to a home needs manpower which costs money. The exposure of the furniture will be limited to the potential buyers visiting the home, which may be dozens, maybe a hundred people, who are looking to buy a house, and not looking to buy furniture. You need to think about who pays for the man power, and what happens if either the furniture (or the house) is damaged in the process of moving furniture in and out. Professional furniture stylists charge good money to cover all contingincies, and I think your proposal has too much risk, for not enough exposure to make it worthwhile for anybody to lend you free furniture.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• Kemi
    4 years ago
    Thanks a lot for your input Dr Retro, will definitely consider it.
  • Kemi Buluro
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks a lot for the information. The client does not live in the home and it's completely empty hence the big challenge! I do love your idea of contacting furniture companies, I'm already doing that but I did not know that a displayed item has become used! Wao,..this helps me see things more from their perspective. Thanks for that.

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

Families with children will be inspecting the house and will use chairs beds etc hence they become second hand good luck

• Kemi Buluro
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hi Anton, thanks for your message. I don't quite understand what you are offering. Could you please explain to me.