lauren_mccoy

Xeriscaping Boring Front Yard - need help!

Lauren McCoy
12 years ago
Greetings - Hubby and I have removed almost all of the living stuff from our front yard (the dead-ish grass is next to go) and need help with creating an interesting xeriscaped yard. We are in TX and had an awful drought last year and the yards looked pitiful, so we're trying to wisen up ahead of time this year.

Hubby likes the rock/gravel/minimalistic look, and wants NOTHING he has to mow. He also would like a boulder-like water feature, but that may be cost prohibitive!

I like the flowers, interesting colors and varying heights, and he's agreed we can put those in the plan too.

I personally like the swoopy flower bed and plan to use that as our oasis phase, closest to the house/water more often than the rest.

The two purple bushes we left because they survived last year, so we think they're pretty worth keeping.

Could anyone do a mockup of a xeriscape that would incorporate rocks/stone, boulders, flowers and interesting stuff? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Here's a few pics of the house as it stands today...barren, dead and in need of a huge shot in the arm!

Thanks - lauren in TX

Comments (16)