opdos

DESIGN DISASTER! GRANITE AND TILE DON"T MATCH!

Opdos
9 years ago
We have spend $$$ totally remodeling our master bath removing a small shower and large whirpool tub and adding a large shower, built in closets, new vanity, flooring,...everything. I love my new shower and tile, but may have made a mistake on the granite! We finished up the shower and tile and I had to pick paint but didn't have the granite picked out yet. After agonizing and posting pics here, I finally chose a very neutral paint. The tile on the floor and in the shower is a travertine looking porcelain and the mosaic is Emperador Dark, Emperador Light and Crema Marfil with a honed marble pencil tile lining each side.

I really wanted marble but this bathroom gets a lot of use. I also thought Crema Marfil might be too boring and Emperador Dark would be too dark. Couldn't find any Emperador Light. So opted for granite, which for durability was probably a better choice. I thought it would appear much lighter, but now that it is installed it is the darkest thing in my bathroom! But the worst part is that it is very gold (duh...New Venetian Gold) and the tile is very tan...probably to the pinkish tan side. I thought the granite would kind of match the Emperador Light with that copper-y look, but I just don't think everything goes together well.

Yes, I have to have polished nickel in there...not Oil-rubbed bronze (long story.) I still have to choose a wall sconce, window treatment and window seat cushion. I can also put a small rug in front of the vanity. The paint color is BM Shaker Beige which blends with the tile very well but I think it clashes with the granite which needs more green or gold. Gold definitely doesn't look good with the tile.

I'm wondering if I should re-paint another color, which I am happy to do to pull this all together. It just looks like nothing is coordinated and I am so worried it will never look great for all the money we spent. How do you tie pinkish beige in with gold???? Help please!

Comments (154)