lvgorman

Wooded Backyard

lvgorman
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We have about 8 or so large trees in our backyard, so it is heavily shaded. We just bought this house right before Christmas, and haven’t done anything in the yard yet other than the random walkway across the mud pit that you see in the picture below. Our plans for the lower part of the yard is to fill it in with river rock up the the patio and add a water drain to help with drainage. We will rebuilt the fire pit to be in the middle of that rocked area. We plan to add a pergola over the patio and add a deck to the left of it since there’s a big open space there. I’m not sure plant wise what to really do, or just leave it rocked with no plants. The upper part I really don’t know what to do with. We plan to put the swing set up on the left, and you can see the trampoline to the right. I was thinking of just mulching the whole thing and just having grass on the hill area...we are adding steps on the hill as well. What kind of multch is easy to work with when Gathering leaves? The leaves are insane with this amount of large trees! Any ideas on what to do with this yard that wouldn’t cost a fortune?

Comments (2)