beaumitchell

Improve Existing Floor Plan Renovation

beaumitchell
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi Houzz Community,
We are a family of 3. 2 adults and one 8 year old boy. We are renovating our home. I need help in gathering your advice and opinions on changing our floor plan.

We are able to extend forward the front of the house by 2.5m. Arrows indicate on the plan.

The Brief
I would like to create a home that:
-is a functional family home
-sees our only child (aged 8) through school and beyond uni

My wants for our home are:

- bigger master bedroom ! how can we increase size and make a better ensuite- increase size etc...
-good storage!!! (existing home has very minimal storage, single pantry in kitchen and a double linen cupboard in hallway.....that's it)
-4 bedrooms (currently all bedrooms are fairly small, will need extending)...are we best off just with 3 bedrooms? Resale better four?
-2 living areas-car accommodation (double garage)-functional kitchen with lots more storage
-ability for living areas to be separately used as ‘kid’ space and ‘adult’ space

-study nook for my son
-indoor / outdoor connection - alfresco
-bigger, functional laundry

In our area where we live, our house is on the smaller side, but then again we are only a family of 3.

In addition my husband is a plumber and gets very grotty. Ideally it would be great if we could plan something where laundry or bathroom area were quite close to walking in through garage?? Just a thought at this stage.

Comment (1)