webuser_810328913

White or Anthracite on interior of windows

HU-810328913
3 years ago

We're midst house overhaul and are putting aluminium windows in our new extension (at the back) to match the bi-folds doors and roof lantern etc. however we're planning on replacing all of the windows at the same time and as our budget can't stretch to aluminium for the whole house, on the front we're planning on going with PVC, which include a set of patio doors which open onto a Juliette Balcony.

However, my dilemma is whether to have white on the inside or stick with anthracite on the inside for all the PVC windows. The aluminum windows are all grey BUT in a separate part of the house and will match our new grey kitchen etc, plus it's a massive room (49m2) so they'll look stunning in that space.

But in all the other rooms, bedrooms, office, small snug at the front, which are smaller and less dramatic, I'm worried the grey on the internal side will look oppressive, but then I'm also concerned about being able to see the white/grey division of the windows when looked at from the side or funny angles.

Please Help!

If anyone has any photos of examples of what they've done whether you went whole hog anthracite or half and half - I'd be most grateful.

Here's a pic of the back of of our house, which is a red brick 3-story semi (although it doesn't look it from the back!)

Comments (6)