webuser_224651353

Floor plan layout ideas

HU-224651353
12 months ago

We have been planning a renovation/extension of our house for some time. We live out in rural NSW so have been waiting for our builder for over 12 months. Because of the long wait, there have been huge price rises and now we are faced with the possibility of not being able to afford to do the entire extension. Because of this, we are exploring the option of working with our current floor plan to better utilise the space, add a master with ensuite and robe and open up our kitchen/living/dining. We are a young family with two children, and have extended family that travels long distances to stay with us, so having a guest room with its own bathroom would be great. We currently have a large billiards room (labeled as garage on exisiting floor plan image), which was converted from the original garage in the early 80’s. It is under the same roofline as the house, and does not look like a garage other than having two glass sliding doors in the place of the old roller doors. This room is currently not used, so we thought could be converted to the master suite. I will attach the existing floor plan, a rough plan of our current ideas for the renovation (go easy - I did a dodgy job on sketch up

to try and play with some ideas!!) and I will also attach the proposed floorplan if we are to under go the extension as originally planned. Any suggestions would be appreciated (on both extension floor plan and suggestions for the renovation if the extension is out of our budget)!!

Comments (6)