smemmy

Induction cooktop installation

Smemmy
11 months ago

Perhaps a weird question! We are in the process of designing our kitchen and I want to be sure all clearances and ventilation gaps are correct. My brain is curious and can't quite visualise how a gap can support a cooktop/benchtop; and from reading around it sounds like many cabinet makers completely ignore this installation instruction.
We have chosen a 900mm cooktop, which requires a minimum 5mm gap and 25cm² total ventilation area at the front of the cooktop. We will probably have a set of drawers beneath the cooktop. (I say probably because initially the designer recommended to centre the cooktop over two 750 drawer sets along a 1500 space - I guess that's a separate post/question!!) By my understanding there will also be clearance requirements within the drawer space.
So, do we have cabinet makers in this lovely community who can put my mind at ease? Has a homeowner successfully installed a cooktop with a ventilation gap? Photos and your experiences would be very much appreciated 🙂 thanks in advance!

Comments (21)