smotoole581

TV/fireplace Area help

smacca
10 months ago

We have what I think is a long somewhat awkward room. One end is the kitchen, the other is an offset TV and free-standing fire. I will include a picture of our kitchen area just for info to help but ultimately I'm stuck with the tv end. Hopefully the pictures all male sense. On the other side of the fire is a doorway to the hall leading to bedrooms etc. I'm in two minds whether to VJ panel (probably in a dark Charcoal colour) behind the TV and fire and add a white floating TV unit and timber top. (This would no doubt be the cheaper option) or I'm contemplating having a wall built to bring the TV section put and have built in drawers below the TV (therefore no benchtop would be there, it would just be a a flat wall) and then VJ panel just that section behind the tv which would also then create a kind of nook that the fire would sit in. I'm hoping this all makes sense. We don't really have a style - I guess modern maybe? The aircon unit above the tv is being removed and we have 3 little kids so none of our furniture is our dream furniture it's just 'for now'. We have windows down both sides of the rectangular room pretty much. The shape of the couch is not ideal either. Not that I'm sure what is. Anyway hoping someone might either having some advice on the ideas I've put forward or have some other wonderful ideas.

Comments (3)