elbiedee

Anyone install a rear roller door or double doors at back of garage?

Elbie D
10 months ago

Was planning to ask to upgrade the rear garage door (towards the backyard) from the standard 820mm to something like 920mm or 1020mm.

Reason is to allow me to potentially carry my workshop gear (e.g. table saw, WIP furniture) or things for the BBQ, or any large items that need to be transported through to the back. Or in general to get airflow and light while using the garage as a workshop.

We were recommended to consider just having a single roller garage door. This way, if we ever wanted to open it up - we could - and also if we need to unload things from a car/van/truck. Sounds good in theory, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to drive cars through there (the backyard is planning to be landscaped and not some sort of huge concrete driveway to the back). Also I feel like it would be hard to go through a roller door (assuming non-remote controlled due to cost reasons) - as opposed to a normal door.

Just had an idea that maybe a double door (large-ish doors) maybe 920mm each side - might do the trick. Easy for humans to access. Can open both up to get a bigger opening.

Has anyone had a similar dilemma / or gone with one of the options / or something different? Keen for any thoughts!

Comments (8)