dizemramadan

Help me style my hallway

Di Njsd
4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

We live in a 3x1 house in Canberra built in the late 1960s. I have recently replaced the internal doors with single panel shaker doors with brushed nickel hardware and I'm planning to paint the hallway and all the doors very shortly.

Before doing this, I wanted to take the opportunity to replace the hallway lights with something a bit more interesting. They are currently just basic track lights which were installed by the previous owner. I'd then to get some furniture for the entrance part of the hallway - likely a console table or buffet/sideboard - with a nice piece of art above it on the wall.

My current favourite light fitting is this one but I'm feeling a bit unsure: https://urbanlighting.com.au/products/morrison-two-light-flush-mount?variant=41325224263876

I'd install one near the entrance door and two in the part of the hallway near the bedrooms. As the door hardware is brushed nickel, I think the console table near the entrance should have some brass to tie in with the light fitting so it looks more intentional.

The floor plan is below. Just noting that the cavity slider into the kitchen will be removed soon as part of the laundry renovation and the top part of that wall squared off so the kitchen will be partially visible from the entrance. I want to make sure the hallway flows with the rest of the house.

The in progress photo of the kitchen is below. The doors on the back wall will be replaced with a pantry cupboard, the blind on the window replaced and the room repainted.

It would be great to get your views on the light fitting and other suggested light fittings that you think might work as well as suggestions for entrance furniture. Thanks in advance

Comments (20)