jenny_carey86

Living area window dilemma

Jenny Carey
last month

I’m in the final stages of designing a modular home. I don’t know what windows to have on the northern facing wall in the family and meals area. The house will be in rural Victoria.

I believe the stackers should be moved across to the meals area to the island bench and I can extend the deck to be level. The opening for the stacker door would be near the centre of the room opening left to right. Happy to be corrected but I think this is the right place for the stackers.

I plan to have my TV mounted in the back corner of the family room and my couch along the opposite wall.

I’ll need another window/door in the family room on the north wall. I was going to put a highlight above the couch.

My worry is at the space will look unbalanced with this approach. Should I have another sliding door set there instead? Or something else? The stacker will have floor-to-ceiling double blinds or a blockout blind with sheer curtain.

I’ve attached the plans showing that when you enter the space that wall is prominently in view, looking across the deck to my future lovely garden.

Over the deck will be a pergola with shade sheeting extending around 1.5 m from the house, the rest of the pergola is open to let winter sun in. Designing the windows I’m taking into consideration that the summer climate is hot in central Victoria.

Plans are attached, please help if you can.

Comments (15)