cynthia_williams5555449

Help!! Paint choices for kitchen cabinets - want contemporary look

Cynthia
9 years ago

Our cabinets are a basic honey oak, counter-tops are a 12x12 sandy porcelain tile, and floors are a terracotta-ish porcelain tile. I really like a contemporary look, mixed with industrial and rustic elements. I can't replace the tile floors or counter-tops, but am going to have kitchen cabinets painted. I want to bring in whites and grays, but which shades will match best with the existing sand-colored counter-tops and orangey flooring? Whites, creams, grays - or whites on perimeter cabinets and dark grey/charcoal on island? I would love your color recommendations (with names/brands of shades)!

Additionally, would a round kitchen table on a round or square area rug work best in this space (long, open kitchen, eating area, and family room), and should I choose a kitchen table area rug that coordinates with the family room area rug (or that is the same, but round)?

Also would love your lighting ideas for over kitchen table...

Thanks for your advice!! BTW so sorry for the pics being sidewise - I couldn't figure out how to flip them to a vertical position!

Comments (8)