champagne4lulu

Floor tile colours and effect of lighting throughout the day

champagne4lulu
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Ok, so we are ripping up our old floors and laying new porcelain tiles down.
I found lots that I like but there are a few issues:
- the house is quite bright in parts and dark in others so tiles can look really bright or quite dull
- the island bench is waterfall style caesarstone in nimbus and is located in a darker area of the house. During the day it can look quite yellow but at night it is a nice beige base. It wouldn't be my choice if I was doing a kitchen but it's only new and we can't afford to replace.
- depending on the tile, it can make the island look a horrible muddy yellow colour if too white or grey
- I am leaning towards a matte or lapparto style tile over gloss. We have gloss now and they are next to impossible to keep streak free and clean with two young boys
The selection of tiles I have look great at night but depending on time of day they can look completely different
I've included a few of the tiles I like. How do I choose which one to go with? Do I base it on which looks best throughout the changing lighting or do I go with the one I love the most, even if at some times it can look less than average?

Comments (12)