janehamlin

Need ideas & advice for my Gardens - Mediterranean/Tuscan style

JAH
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

The exterior of the house is Mediterranean / Tuscan style. We moved here 18 months ago, I don't like some of the plants around the garden, they're mostly palms & spikey plants, so I'd like to replace them, and I think it could do with some more plants. We live in Gisborne, New Zealand - so any suggestions of what grows well here would be appreciated. Plants I like: Lavender hedge. Pleaching trees. Bay trees. Hydrangeas. Conifer. I think the colours of the house lend well to blue/green/silver colour plants such as feijoa and olive trees. Thank you.

we have removed 2 ugly palms from this front section (you can see where 1 was) I wonder about a conifer here, and further around the corner? And line the concrete driveway edge with a small hedge - buxus?

the front entrance - would like to replace these 4 scrappy bushes (above) and 3 palm thingys (below). Lavender hedge, or bay trees?

house front below. We have planted climbing ficus to cover this front wall.

(Below) don't like these plants in the corner of the house, but I like the privacy they provide for that window. Other suggestions?

(below) replace these palms with conifers?

(below) would like pleaching trees along this back fence. as privacy from the neighbors over the other side, What trees work well for pleaching in NZ? Evergreen and fast growing!

(below) would like beams over the outdoor area, to make a pergola, and grow and ornamental grape vine up the pillars, over the pergola?

(below) i want to replace these spikey things down the side of the house with blue and white hydrangeas. (would be interested to know what these spikey plants are if anyone knows?)

Comment (1)