jo_wst

How big a driveway for 3 point turn?

Jo Wst
6 months ago

Soooo it would seem our council now requires us to be able to drive out of our proposed driveway in front gear. I have been trying to work out how big/wide this means the driveway way needs to be with no luck? If any of the brains trust here can work this out I would be most grateful. (We apparently need to assume that 2 cars are initially parked in double garage). I would prefe r the smallest driveway to make this possible ....many thanks...

• dreamer
    6 months ago

This might help. But the council should give you the guidelines.

Jo Wst thanked dreamer
    Best Answer
  • Jo Wst
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Thank you you, This is exactly what I couldnt find! (Wrong google search terms..!). Our Councils website is useless, search function doesnt work & hard to find info, but will call them in due course too, in the meantime this will help. Cheers

• Kate
    6 months ago

Minimal dimensions will depend on width of garage door and angle of approach, Only use Australian diagrams in australia. Min turning circle is 4 m inside radius, so can use 3.8 radius for clearance.

Jo Wst thanked Kate
  • legendaryflame
    6 months ago
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>*slaps pottsy*
  • Jo Wst
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Wow, nice attitude towards women there pottsy.....the females in your life must be so proud of you........

• pottsy99
    6 months ago

They appreciate my honesty . Or just maybe they have a sense of humour . Well certainly , when they look at me they all start laughing . . . . . . . . . . .