hzdeleted_9904601

Help and advice with high end polished wooden kitchen thanks .

User
3 years ago

I have just tried to see if there are any threads on here , and although the search function said 350 similar threads , I couldn't find a specific one , so I'll ask .

I am considering doing a real high end kitchen . It's almost an in-joke , but I want to see what can be done too . Marble benchtop in offwhite with grey and gold lines and specs through it . Probably highly polished black appliances . White ceiling , with gold or brass light fittings , admittedly mostly LED downlights and spotlights . And yes , probably stainless with candy apple red coffee machine and toaster ( or see if I can get black and gold haha ) .

But for the cabinetry , I want to go different ( for me ) and I'm thinking black piano finish for the actual cabinetry , but with highly polished wooden doors -- mahogony , walnut , or similar . The concept is cupboards almost everywhere , 3 windows , the little bits of the walls tiled -- I actually want to try and do that in small octagonal tiles maybe 30mm max size , in gloss off-white , 3 or 4 browns and beiges ( yes , I know , but it needs to tie in with the cabinets ) , sand , gold , even burgundy and red .

So what is the best wood ( I am assuming solid wood , but will consider veneer if it is really good ) to use -- I want that old school gentlemans club/castle type feel ., so I want darker shades . And the best finish ? French polish , polyurethene -- it needs to be almost mirror finish .

The actual practicality is I guess important , as is the cost , but as long as it can be cleaned , will look okay in 10 years , and won't cost $100k in materials , I'm keen .

All advice will be appreciated thanks .

Comment (1)