gabi_quigley

Small bathroom design - help needed! Thoughts on wetroom bathrooms?

Gabi Quigley
last year
last modified: last year

I need some help with reconfiguring our current and only bathroom in our Aussie 90s 3B home.

At first, I was going to leave everything as is and simply update the room, But it's a pokey room with both doors and the triangular shower screen, I think I want to modernise it.

The only thing I feel that can work is by creating a wetroom style bathroom,. Something I have not been a fan of but I think its my only option.

Below are our images as is. Measurements are 2500mm-1800mm.

What I thought I could do is wall up our sliding door from the main room into the bathroom, and this is where the shower would go. I would ensure adequate gradient tiling and draining is installed at the shower to avoid pooling of water, and would ensure adequate extractor fans and heat fans are installed as I know the wet room style will be cooler and steamier.

Can you think of any other design that I'm not thinking of? I do not want to get rid of the bath and do not want a shower over bath - so my options are extremely limited.

Below I drew up - a 715mm bath, 900mmx900mm shower area with a 750mm vanity.

Climate - we are in NSW Australia, lucky that our weather is not too cold over winter.

Comments (6)