jennifer_keith49

What is this wood stain colour and will it work with my golden oak?

Jennifer Keith
last year
last modified: last year

I just bought this house and it is full of honey / golden oak - trims, doors, and the most unique kitchen cabinets. Such a solid home but would love to make updates to make it more modern.

While house shopping, I fell in love with the way the owners stained the banister and trim in this house which I believed were an oak before. Can anyone help me identify what colour stain it is?

The picture above makes the stain look almost pink as an undertone! In-person, the colour is very matte and... thick?

Here are pictures of my new house! The hardwood on the main floor will remain as is and I'm not sure if it's going to clash with the wood trim colour above if I do all the trim and bannisters this colour? Do you have any suggestions on what I could do?

We have some really unique cabinets - I can't find any information on this style of cabinet. They're solid oak cabinets with horizontal slats but the slats are like etched - the whole door is one solid piece. We probably won't change these too much because their design will make them super hard to sand and re-finish. I might make some hardware changes to update them a bit though. Thoughts?

I'm thinking of repainting doors and closet doors as well. White / off-white cream?

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated!

Comments (3)