nancy_mulligan11

Cosmetic Kitchen Remodel.. Paint cabinets? Change door fronts?

Hi, I get to update our kitchen in the home we just moved into. It has ocean view out the windows and is currently a well built solid timber kitchen. My husband loves it, thinks it's fine. I do not like the orange tone in the wood and am imagining painting them out and gong for coast hamptons vibe. I posted another post regarding the living room that you can see through an arch. The dining area is on the opposite side. Ideally, I would just reface the whole thing/or gut and start over. I want the same floor in all three areas a light beachy looking wood.

The layout is workable, except that the fridge/freezer opening is only 700mm wide and currently there is just a fridge there. A lot smaller than I am used to. He wants me to keep the current granite countertops which are a a mix of browns with specs of cream.

Is there a way to stain the cabinets to tone down the orange cast? would you paint, stain or just embrace it and change out the knobs? What about the wierd green toned window trim? Am experienced at tiling so changing the backsplash would be doable. Thanks!

Comments (8)