raineyann

Arranging dining room. Can space wizards help please?

Okay, Houzz experts. You have been fantastic with your helpful advice. Now I'm hoping you can help me decide how to furnish a dining space.

It's not critical to have any dining facilities at all in this space. But it would be nice! I have dining space elsewhere, but it's not ideal for some situations.

What I am thinking I'd like is an L-shaped bench seat with a narrow table, but I'm not sure it will fit comfortably and still allow adequate walk space.

Below is a rough sketch showing the space. The heavy rectangle on the left is a 2.4m long tall wall unit which has wall lights either side. It is 400mm deep. There is a raised hob behind the island 200mm wide. The island is 3.4m long. I have 3 m of clear space between the hob and the wall unit. There is a very small TV in the wall unit, so we want to be able to sit with our backs to the island hob to watch television.

The dotted lines show the dining setting I am thinking I'd like - just a narrow table and an L-shaped bench. (Other suggestions welcome). Ability to seat 6 would be nice but I could live with just 4, especially if I could put 2 chairs on the left side of the table occasionally just for the meal, when not needing to go out through the folding doors at the rear.

I just don't know how much space is needed for that sort of arrangement and what sizes to make things, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps.

Comments (10)