ceellen

Renovation Floorplan assistance

Linda H
5 months ago

This large room is on the upper level of our house and although the real estate listing referred to it as a bedroom and/or a lounge in reality it is neither, as it too removed from the rest of the house. We are looking to undertake a renovation and I'm contemplating putting two child bedrooms (current ages 11 and 13) and a bathroom up there.

The wall with the balcony has ocean views. The ceiling height along the wall at the bottom of the picture is 4M and that slopes down to 3M on the other side (cupboard side).

I think we could either get two small bedrooms and a small bathroom and perhaps a small sitting area or study area, OR two larger bedrooms and a small bathroom.

I'm inclined to do two larger bedrooms with a small bathroom. If space permitted I'd like to consider putting walk in cupboards and built in desks in the bedrooms. Probably one child will end up with the balcony, so it would be great if there was something 'special' about the other room. Plumbing services would probably be best in the corner opposite the balcony (lower left of the plan).

I'd really love to see if anyone has any ideas on how to divide up this space. I've had two different professionals ghost me after an initial consultation and I'm really keen for some fresh ideas.

Comments (11)